Dreaming of using your extensive R&D Technician experience to create unique new inventions for the Internet of Things? Do you have fun testing and verifying innovation solutions that involve LED lighting, controls, networking, video, indoor positioning, wireless, systems engineering and power electronics?
If so, LSI has a position on our corporate R&D team that should be interesting to you. LSI is a 40 year old company that is experiencing growth rejuvenation. It is transforming itself by using Internet of Things (IoT) technology to invigorate its lighting, digital signage, controls and graphics businesses. Its customers of lighting, controls, and image products are benefiting, and Wall Street is recognizing the positive changes by making its stock (LYTS) the best performing equity in Cincinnati in 2015.
As a Senior Technician on our R&D team, you will experiment with new technologies that may be useful for our lighting, controls, graphics, IoT, and digital signage businesses. These technologies will include LEDs, power electronics, sensors, various networks including WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, Beacons, cameras, motion, and Zigbee, mobile interfaces, software, and video controllers. You will work with Engineers, business, marketing people to understand customer needs. Build proof-of-concept prototypes for field trials. You will lead rigorous industrialization and testing, before a soft launch of beta solutions to key customers.
To excel in this role you must have a technical understanding of a number of disciplines (electronics, thermal, mechanical, testing, optical) and be very creative. You almost certainly have an AS and / or 5 years of experience. You can demonstrate a portfolio of building and testing analog designs, embedded systems, networked systems, software and mobile application development. Your experience ranges from board level building, testing and verification to programming and systems integration.
You will be working with many cross functional teams that are creating state-of-the-art, new solutions for our customers.
The Senior R&D Technician is responsible for: (listed below)
- Building and testing IoT systems or alternate constructions of existing LSI
- Understanding of the principles of electronics and the ability to proficiently troubleshoot electrical circuits, systems and ideally software.
- Working with peers within partners - suppliers, customers, and other companies - to try technologies and troubleshoot challenges.
- Building and testing proof-of-concept products for field This may involve hardware development, firmware, software, and integration of components from others.
- Must be familiar with and be able to use industry standard test equipment, such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, frequency generators, and the proper applications of specialized test equipment.
- Leading the installation of field trial equipment and monitoring
- Developing test plans and conducting tests on trial equipment and
- Providing engineering reports on the status of internal demonstration projects and field Based on the results in those reports, making recommendations for improvements or discontinuation.
- Collaborating with and working under the direction of our Chief Scientist.
- Provide and write descriptions, spec sheets, operator guides, and other documentation that may be needed to use or promote new
- Working closely with engineering teams within LSI to understand technology needs they have to improve products, and to transition new technologies into their
- Must be able to read and accurately interpret maintenance manuals, service bulletins, wiring diagrams, schematics diagrams and drawings.
- Have Proficient Soldering and Board Repair Skills.
- Highly responsive to internal and external customer requirements, with a high attention for detail.
- Must work well with others and be flexible in handling multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to effectively manage time and complete all tasks as assigned by the supervisor and / or Chief Scientist
- Excellent attendance and a positive attitude
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree in Science or Engineering Technology and / or substantial experience in a similar role . High School Diploma or GED Equivalent is the minimum.
- 7 years of experience as a Technician with experience in technologies of relevance to
- Prefer someone with experience in some of the following: LED lighting, drivers, lighting control, thermal, optics and related